Even though we can’t control the weather, there are many things you can do to stop pipes from freezing. To stop water pipes from freezing and damages, here is what you need to do: See more here.
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes Keyport
- Drain water from water pipes that might freeze. This comprises the sprinkler water supply lines and swimming pool
- Disconnect the hoses from the outside of the house, drain the hoses, and keep them in the garage. Ensure you close the indoor valves that supply water to the outdoor access points
- Insulate the parts around the light fixtures and vents. This is to stop heat from escaping
- Make sure your walls don’t have any cracks. Pay close attention to the parts around utility service lines
- Leave the bathroom and kitchen cabinets open to allow warm air to circulate around the water pipes
- Close the garage doors to protect water supply lines
- Let the faucets drip cold water during cold days. This movement will mark it difficult for water to freeze
If the pipes are inaccessible, or burst, you need to call a professional plumber from Apollo Sewer & Plumbing. Our technicians will be ready to solve your problems. See here for information about How to Fix Frozen Pipes Keyport.
View Keyport Plumbers in a full screen map